After receiving the completed cover, I realized that it was just the front of the cover and that I would need to complete the rest of the work myself. I did some research and found Adobe Creative Cloud. ACC would give access to multiple software at a low monthly fee. I downloaded it and started in Photoshop, but found that InDesign was where I wanted to be.
I contacted the designer of the cover and asked for the Font name that he used for the cover. Once I received the name and file, I downloaded and started to use it. As I was clicking around I found a menu that allowed me to capture the current colors being used on the cover. I saved this information. I was now able to match all of the colors used on the front cover through out the rest of the cover as well as the font used. This would help make the final product look good and professional.
After I completed getting the background colors complete, I sat down and thought about what I wanted to put on the back cover. After some attempts, I cam up with the final draft. I hope that it is liked.
I am happy with the cover results.
Now back to the writing of the novel. Got to get it done!
Until next time.